Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

teacher's tremendous tea cosy!

Hi, Olivia here! I have been working on a tea cozy for a teacher at school. It has been very tricky as there was loads of cabling and it went a bit wrong on the first half but by the time I had finished it I had mastered cabling! It is made with the best rowan wool ever! I also learnt how to make a bobble which is very exciting! It feels great to have learnt something new. I have been busy making pom poms for the top of the tea cosy and they are so cool! Have just finished the third one and they are a great way of using leftover wool. They look brilliant popped on top! I really hope my teacher likes it. We bought a lovely Avoca button cup and a sweet milk and sugar jug with the same button print from my lovely local shop as a tiny something to go with it.
It would be great to know what you think our blog so please leave us a comment. Thanks!
Olivia x

7 comments:

  1. Olivia, it looks fantastic! I'm sure your teacher will love it. Grandma Hilda would have been proud! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Hilda would of taught me tons about sewing and knitting! I hope my teacher likes tea!!!!!
      Olivia

      Delete
  2. Wow - I absolutely love your tea cosy. The things you make are amazing. I love finding out how you get your ideas and choose your materials. Can't wait to find out what you make next x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! It is great to hear your comments and it's brilliant to know that people like what we are making. I don't know what my next project will be, but will keep you posted and put it on once I have started.
      Olivia

      Delete
  3. I really do love my tea cosy. I'm so impressed by all your sewing and knitting, Olivia. I'm feeling inspired to have a go at a project of my own!!!
    Olivia's (very grateful!)teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good! Now have a go at some of Loani Prior's stuff...

    ReplyDelete